The dance community has been and should remain a place of inclusion and respect fostered by safety and trust among one another. This represents and applies to all members of our community regardless of age, gender, physique, ethnicity and appearance, where socializing and being equal is an integral part of who we are, as dancers and as people.
Acknowledging that we all have a responsibility to build and maintain a safe environment and contribute to the well-being of our community, we respectfully request the following:
- RECOGNIZE that we, Zouk Heat, reserve the right to refuse entry to our events and/or remove anyone from our premises who endangers the health, welfare or safety of others. Such will not be superseded by the purchase of a pass.
- TREAT all people with respect. Zero tolerance for discrimination according to sex, gender expression or sexual orientation, race, religion, or nationality. We treat everyone equally, regardless of age, ability, physical appearance, lifestyle, dance experience or role.
- BE EFFECTIVELY PROACTIVE. If you see something, say something to the event staff immediately.
- FOSTER inclusiveness of individuals at all dance levels. Be gracious if turned down for dances. We may say “No” without giving a reason but are polite when doing so and if we promise to dance later on, we honor that promise.
- REALIZE that unwelcomed or inappropriate behavior is not always done intentionally. Boundaries should be clearly communicated, either verbally and/or non-verbally, and should be respected. Event attendees who are asked to stop any such behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- BE RESPONSIBLE for your own physical safety and that of others. This includes, but is not limited to, practicing safe floorcraft, honestly acknowledging our own skill levels in learning & executing movements and understanding & respecting one's boundaries and the impact of consuming substances such as alcohol.
- UNDERSTAND that any unlawful activity or behavior will not be tolerated and will be reported to the police or other appropriate authorities, when necessary. Event attendees are expected to obey all local, state and Federal laws.
FRADULENT TICKET PURCHASES:
Intentionally fraudulent transactions are taken seriously will result in permanent bans from all Zouk Heat & Zouk Heat co-organized events. When making a ticket purchase to our events please refrain from:
- Using unauthorized company credit cards/accounts from your job,
- Using unauthorized accounts from other individuals,
- Making fraudulent attempts to sell and/or redeem another attendees' pass,
- Processing fraudulent & policy-violating chargebacks,
- Attempting to obtain event entry with a scam/fake pass. ALWAYS verify before paying for a transferred pass!
We want to make sure we’re maintaining good financial stewardship for both our business and our community.
Our organizing team is not responsible for mediating interpersonal conflicts between attendees. Thus, we can take no action to prevent a person from attending an event unless that person has made a specific and credible threat towards a person and/or the event itself. If you feel that a credible threat exists against you, we advise you to seek a restraining order against the individual in question and to present the active restraining order to our organizing team prior to & well ahead of time of the event at: email@example.com. If you obtain an active restraining order against someone prior to a given event and you believe that said someone is attending the event, please provide this information to us ahead of time so that we are aware and able to mitigate this as it is a legal offense to violate a restraining order. We reserve right to refuse entry on a case-by-case consideration. If a matter is brought to our attention without sufficient time to mitigate a problem prior or at the event, we recommend maintaining space from that individual and reporting them to security and/or event staff should there be a violation of our harassment policy during the event. Should there be no agreeable resolution possible among the directly involved parties, then it's suggested that both parities abstain from attending until the alleged conflict is resolved. Conversely, any attempt to have someone removed from an event via false accusation, will be treated as an act of harassment and dealt with appropriately. The responsibility for settling interpersonal disputes lies solely with the individuals directly involved. Our event(s), organizing team, affiliates, etc will not be used as a leveraging point in such disputes. We reserve right to refuse entry on a case-by-case consideration.
We are dedicated to providing a safe, welcoming, and harassment-free festival experience for everyone. This protection is all-encompassing, and covers all characteristics, including, but not limited to a person’s: sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, color, religion, national origin, age, political affiliation, social aptitude, speech impediments and dance level. Anyone from any lifestyle is welcome at our event, as long as they do not intentionally do any action that hinders the enjoyment of other attendees. Harassment of any kind, including but not limited to: physical assault, sexual assault, sexual harassment, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated & may result in action to include, but no limited to, permanent bans to our events. Violations of bans are legally considered trespassing.
NO MEANS NO:
If a person says “no” or asks you to leave them alone, you must do so. Should unwelcomed behavior continue, action will be taken to include, but not limited to: Revoked entry without refund, removal from the premises, bans from future events, etc.